Responsible Office – Department:
Effective Date of Policy:
February 2, 2021
Shortly after beginning work, new employees are invited to attend an orientation/benefits meeting conducted by the staff of the Employee Engagement Office. New employees are provided an overview of the university and have an opportunity to review and ask questions about their pay, benefits,
university policies and any mandatory university training.
It is the responsibility of the supervisor to ensure their new employee is oriented and integrated into their new work situation. The following issues should be covered as applicable:
- The employee’s responsibilities and job duties and how they relate to the work of the department.
- The standards of work, attendance and conduct expected of the employee.
- The administrative procedures of the department or group such as lunch hours, completing time cards, absence reporting, parking, etc.
- General introduction to Daemen University and to the employees with whom the new employee will be working.
- The physical layout of the office, location of restrooms, mail room, tour of the campus.
- Pertinent safety regulations and fire exits.
- The use and operation of any necessary office equipment.