Effective Date of Policy:
September 1st, 2021
Establish guidelines and procedures around the cancellation of classes
Scope and Applicability of this Policy:
In the event that a faculty member needs to cancel a class, they must notify the office of Institutional Effectiveness. A representative there will post a cancellation notice on the Daemen University website. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- To cancel a class, a faculty member should call 716-839-7213, and provide the following information:
- Instructor’s name
- Course Number(s) & Section
- Time of Class(es)
- Instructions for students (if applicable)
- Reason for cancellation (for office use only)
- If calling to cancel an 8:00 or 8:30 a.m. class, faculty members should notify Campus Safety at 839- 7233 as well as leave a message at 716-839-7213, specifying they have already spoken with Campus Safety.
- If calling after hours to cancel an evening class, faculty members should notify Campus Safety.
- Class cancellation information SHOULD NOT be emailed. Any questions should be directed to Emma Shanley, Administrative Assistant for Institutional Effectiveness, at 716-839-7213.