Effective Date of Policy:
January 13, 2022
The following are prohibited for use and/or possession in the residence halls. This is not a comprehensive list. Any other item that is deemed unsafe or inappropriate for residential living may be considered prohibited, at the discretion of the Director of Housing and Residence Life.
- Air Conditioners (not issued and installed by the College)
- Alcohol/Drug Paraphernalia
- Candles (including those for decoration)
- Coffee/Keurig machines without an on/off switch
- Curtains that are not flame retardant
- Extension cords
- Flammable decorations
- Grills (including George Foreman and other like materials)
- Halogen lamps
- Live Christmas trees or artificial trees over 3 feet in height
- Microwave and/or Toaster ovens
- Open flames of any kind
- Pets (other than fish in a 5 gallon tank or less)
- Refrigerators (large). Students may have up to 2.4 cu ft of refrigerator, per person, per apartment/room. Please note, each room in Canavan Hall is equipped with a microfridge.
- Space heaters
- Tapestry that covers more than 50% of the wall and is not flame retardant
- Tattoo equipment
- Weapons (as defined in this Handbook further in this section)
- Wifi enhancement devices
Purpose of Policy
To create and maintain an equitable environment where students have the optimal opportunity to succeed academically, personally, and professionally and where any and all Daemen College Community members feel safe, valued, and respected.
This policy’s virtual location is in the Residential Living Policies section (Section 4) of the Student Handbook – https://www.daemen.edu/student-life/student-affairs/student-handbook/section-4-residential-living-policies.